First Baptist Church (Carbondale, Ill.) | Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
Name: First Baptist Church (Carbondale, Ill.)
Historical Note: The First Baptist Church was established in October of 1861. Four members (three men and one woman) founded the church as only the third church in Carbondale, Illinois. By 1900, the church expanded into its second building located on Main Street. In 2009, the church moved to a new location on South Giant City Road.