Foundation for Philosophy of Creativity. | Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
The Foundation for Philosophy of Creativity (FPC) grew out of a research program on creativity organized in 1951 by William S. Minor, at that time of a professor of philosophy at West Virginia University. Another branch of the FPC formed as the American Academy of Religion in 1973.
William S. Minor served as Director of the Foundation from 1951 to 1979 and was succeeded by Carl R. Hausman of Pennsylvania State University from 1979 until 1982. Pete A. Y. Gunter, professor of philosophy at the University of North Texas served as Director from 1982 until 1991, when Larry R. Cobb took on that responsibility and continues to hold the position of Director at this writing.