Cinema and Photography Department | Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
Scope and Contents: Records of the Cinema and Photography department. The Department of Printing and Photography was authorized in June 1956 and activated July 1, 1958. John Mercer was appointed the first Chair. At its February 21, 1969 meeting, the Board of Trustees approved changing the title of the department to Cinema and Photography (the printing program was phased out). On June 26, 1976, the Board of Trustees approved a Master of Fine Arts program in Cinema and Photography.