Graduate School
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: The Graduate School was provided for in the Bylaws and Statutes of the Board of Trustees for the year ending June 30, 1951.  Willis G. Schwartz was appointed the first Dean.  The Graduate School organizes and supervises graduate work, and facilitates research.  In 1943, a Graduate Studies Committee was created to handle graduate studies for teachers.  From 1944 until 1948, work could be taken toward a Master of Science in Education.  Additions to the program include the Master of Arts (1948), the Master of Fine Arts (1952), Specialist's Certificate in Education (sixth year program) (1953), Ph.D. Program (1955), and Speech Pathology (1959).
Held at:
Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
605 Agriculture Dr.
MC 6632
Carbondale, IL 62901
Phone: 618-453-2516
Fax: 618-453-3451
Email: speccoll [at] lib.siu.edu
Record Series Number: 3/RG 15/0
Volume: 4.0 Boxes
Access Restrictions: Unrestricted access.
Subject Index
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Genres/Forms of Material
Records (documents)
Rights/Use Restrictions: To quote in print, or otherwise reproduce in whole or in part in any publication, including on the World Wide Web, any material from this collection, the researcher must obtain permission from (1) the owner of the physical property and (2) the holder of the copyright. Persons wishing to quote from this collection should consult Special Collections Research Center to determine copyright holders for information in this collection. Reproduction of any item must contain the complete citation to the original.
PreferredCitation: [after identification of item(s)] Records of the Graduate School, Special Collections Research Center, Morris Library, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.