Radio and Television Department Records, 1952-1985 | Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
ID: 3/RG 20/4
Extent: 24.0 Cubic Feet
Predominant Dates: 1978-1985
Subjects (links to similar collections)
Scope and Contents: The Radio-Television Department was activated in July 1958 with Buren Robbins as Chair. As a member of the Speech Department, Robbins had taught courses in radio since 1950 and in television since 1952. Robbins also served as Director of the Broadcasting Service and the two units have continued to be closely related although Broadcasting separated from Radio-Television in 1980 and has been an independent unit within the College of Communications since that time.