School of Journalism
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: Historical records of the School of Journalism.  Although courses in Journalism had been offered as electives in English since the early 1930s, the Journalism Department was not established until 1947. Robert A. Steffes was appointed the first Chair.  Includes the Grassroots Editor 1960-1974.
Held at:
Southern Illinois University Special Collections Research Center
605 Agriculture Dr.
MC 6632
Carbondale, IL 62901
Phone: 618-453-2516
Fax: 618-453-3451
Email: speccoll [at] lib.siu.edu
Record Series Number: 3/RG 20/2
Volume: 1.0 Boxes
Access Restrictions: Unrestricted access
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Rights/Use Restrictions: To quote in print, or otherwise reproduce in whole or in part in any publication, including on the World Wide Web, any material from this collection, the researcher must obtain permission from (1) the owner of the physical property and (2) the holder of the copyright. Persons wishing to quote from this collection should consult Special Collections Research Center to determine copyright holders for information in this collection. Reproduction of any item must contain the complete citation to the original.
PreferredCitation: [after identification of item(s)], Records of the School of Journalism, Special Collections Research Center, Morris Library, Southern Illinois University Carbondale.